Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Homemade Window Cleaner

    



    I've been searching for a window/glass cleaner that was worth making.  Many recipes I've found had people commenting about the film left behind or streaking.  Upon hitting (not so literal) my favorite site crunchybetty.com I found the window cleaner for me.

     I was a little dizzy with concern when I saw that this recipe contained corn starch...but my curiosity prevailed.  Tried it...love'd it...why do I doubt miss crunchy herself!!   Here's the recipe...

Homemade Window cleaner:

1/4 cup rubbing alcohol
1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
1 Tbsp. corn starch
2 cups warm water
15 drops essential oil (optional for scent)

     In a glass measuring cup combine water and corn starch...mixing well.  Then add the rest of the ingredients.

     You may be asking your biddy self..."won't the essential oil cause streaking?"  Glad you asked!!!  The rubbing alcohol will eliminate the oil...but the scent will stay.  There you go.

I bought an empty spray bottle at Wally~Mart (Formerly know as Walmart) in the broom and mop isle for .98 centaroos!!

***Note:  Gently shake your spray bottle before each use.  The corn starch settles at the bottom.

And....that's it my dizzies!! Eazzie~Peazzie.

May God bless you today as you go about your work!  Hope I helped make your job a little easier! 

~db

No comments: