Tuesday, April 29, 2014

I'd Lather Be Soaping! How it all began....

    Soap!  That's all...just soap! 

      As you can see, I haven't blogged in quite some time.  I've been very bizzy!!  My new found love of making soap is quite dizzying really!

     Last year I went to visit my parents, and my mamma wanted to teach me how to make soap.  She's been making it for about 15 years, and until now I really didn't have much interest.  Boy do I wish I would have learned sooner.  All these years of wasted energy on searching for "my thing".  Here it is...who knew?    I love the creative aspect of making soap,  and how it's so easy to change it if you don't like it.  I was pretty darn excited to be able to make soap for my family. 

     ...then it happened!  A friend found out I was making soap and these odd words came out of her mouth...."I'll buy it from you."  Whaaaa?  I'm thinking, "you'd really do that?"  It never occurred to me to sell it.  I'm not really the sales person type!  But it didn't stop there. Ever time I turned around (hense, why I'm dizzy)  someone was asking how much I sell my soaps for.  My soaps were pretty much selling themselves.  I thought this was crazzzy...and for a moment I thought "wow, this could really be something".  

     I started to get support from friends and was dumbfounded by the enthusiasm.   So really, I just followed everyone else's lead and began making more and more.  But I finally came to a fork in the iddy biddy road and had to make a decision.  I'm either really in this, or I'm not.   Scared...no, terrified, I chose to go for it.   It seemed everyone around me was cheering me on and ready for this before I was.  I'm so grateful!!  

    Today I'm now making other things like body butters, sugar scrubs and of coarse tons of soap!  I love it...and it seems like the people in my life love it too.  And that means the world!!

    So I'd like to give special thanks!  My 4 "firsts".....

My mom Jeanette who taught me, my friend Stacey McCaleb who spoke it, my friend Jamie Mohamed who bought it, and my friend Stacy Santelli who let me do my first "show".    To all of you...I'm grateful!!  Thank you for believing in me.

     Ok, I'm done yap'n away.  But here's some of the fun things I've made.  And I look forward to making  lot's and lot's more.  

     I may even have time to work on my grammar.... <<wink>>    Hey, I've been doing this blog for a few years now, and most of my follower know I speak gibberish.  Why start now?! 

     Love you my sweet biddy's!!  May God help you find your passions and bring people into your life to help you along!!  

~stay dizZy 





     

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

I'm sooooo proud of you, Miss Dizzy!

the dizzy biddy said...

Thank you mamma dizzy!! I love you more than you know!!