Thursday, May 16, 2013

Ah Honey~Honey!

    

     Ok, so first of all I just want to remind you that, by no means,  have I got this all together.  The purpose of this blog is, well to write about all the nifty (yes, I said nifty) things I find.  See, I'm new to all this natural, home remedies, cleaning products, etc., and I'm really enjoying trying new things and sharing it with you.

     I search many sites when I'm excited about something, and boy, some of these gals on the other sites are ON IT!   My humble, little blog is just my journey into a new way of life.  It's all baby steps....or for me...dizzy steps. 

     Also, if you haven't noticed...my attention span is iddy~biddy...so usually when I post stuff it's right to the point.  You and I both don't have time to read a book before getting to the "meat" of it.  If you want all the scientific or long list of facts...check with Google or Wickapedialite~orsomethinor~other.com!  That's my new word, you like?

    OH HONEY!!! 
    That's my topic...don't wear it out!  <<wink>>

     You can wash your face with it, condition your hair with it...um...take a bath in it...or if your crazy enough...eat it. 

     I spent a couple of days roaming sites (boy is my right clicking finger sore)  regarding honey and beauty recipes you can make.  Many have very similar ideas, but these are my favorite recipes.  So here we go...are you buckled up buttercup?  Don't trip, chocolate chip... (don't mind me)

Honey fun facts:
  • Honey has ANTIBACTERIAL properties.  It can be used on minor cuts and scrapes.
  • It's a good source of ANTIOXIDANTS
  • It's an immune booster.  Helps reduce allergies
  • Honey is a humectant.  It attracts and retains moisture.
  • Can be used on acne scars or pimples

Let's start with Hair! 
     Note...I read many times that HONEY is a natural peroxide of sorts.  It can cause your hair color to lighten.  One gal reported that she had black hair...and after many times of using honey to condition it..it's now a dark brown.  So beware. (dum-dum-duuuum)  I recommend testing a small area underneath first.  But if you are a natural blonde like me (hec-hem) I wouldn't worry about it. 

     I tried this recipe...Love'd it!!! 

Honey Hair Conditioning Treatment:
1/2 Cup Honey
1/4 Cup Olive Oil

 
 
I doubled this recipe, and put it in an empty agave nectar bottle.  What you will find is that the oil and honey want to stay separated. NO GOOD...so before use, shake the bottle well.  Again, this is where you do your little dizzy jig! I don't judge.  <<wink>>

     *Start at the ends, working your way up towards the roots.  Working it in.  Cover with a cap or plastic wrap and let sit for 30 minutes. (have nothing to do in that 30 minutes...call me! ) Then, Shampoo out.




    
Dizzy~Cleopatra:
1/4       Cup honey  
2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
Add to your bath...and soak away all your iddy biddy troubles! 

    I called this recipe...dizzy~Cleopatra because all these other bloggers have much to say about her and her beauty tricks.  So...I thought I'd jump on that bandwagon. (Cuz that's how I roll.  Get it...roll?)   Who knows, she could very well be the first dizzy biddy. <<wink>>   Now she used milk instead...but for my recipe I added the oil. (No coconuts were harmed in the making of this recipe)   
 

Honey Body Wash: (This recipe was also added to the body scrubs post)
1 Cup    Light Olive oil
1/2 Cup Honey
1/2 Cup Liquid hand soap (You can use whatevah you  
              like...all I had on "hand" was this vanilla Dial)
1 Tbsp  Vanilla Extract


 
 
     Notice that the ingredients want to stay separated...shake well before use.  You can buy a travel size shampoo container or reuse an empty dish soap container and keep this in your shower. Um...I think yes!

 
 



Wash your face with Honey??  What?
     Last, but not least, try washing your face with honey.  Here's what I read about this.  To get the full benefit, again, you need to use RAW honey.  Not Pasteurized. 

     FIRST, you must wash off all of your make-up. Honey does not remove make up.  Upon reading what crunchybetty.com has to say...she also challenged peeps to wash their face with honey, at least once a day for 2 weeks.  I'm thinking right at bedtime will be ideal.  Starting that challenge this weekend.  Can't wait.

What to do...
   After removing all make up, pour a dime size of honey on your finger tips, then rub your fingers together.  This warms up the honey a bit.  Then massage the honey all over your face for about 30 sec...covering well.  Let sit on your face for about 2 minutes, then rinse.  There you go!!

       **************************************************

Coffee, Cocoa & Honey Facial Mask: (crunchy betty)
2 Tbsp freshly Ground Coffee.  Can use the grounds you just
   brewed your morning cup with!
2 Tbsp Raw Cocoa Powder
3 Tbsp Milk (whichever kind you like)
1 Tbsp Honey

     Mix together in a bowl and apply to a freshly washed face.  Leave on your dizzy face for 20 minutes, then rinse. 
 ~You're beautiful!!  (Anyone ever tell you that?  Well you are!)

       ***************************************************

    There you have it honey!  Just a sweet taste of many ways to use this gem!  I hope you try it...and if you do, let me know how you like it.  I want to hear from you and different ways you use honey! 

God bless and stay dizzy!!
~db

No comments: