Monday, May 20, 2013

Put a cork in it!

     I cannot remember the name of the show I watched, that taught this fun little trick.  But I'm sure you can find similar things on Pinterest.  

     I love unique jars...especially ones that have corks.  So when I saw what you can do with them...This not so crafty biddy was on it!  This post is short...not a whole lot to blog about this one.

     I found some of my jars at antique shops, Michaels, Ross...etc.  Pier 1 has some cute ones too.  Any jar with a cork will work.  Personally, I like old ones that have a little character.

     For the door knobs, the only place I knew that had a good selection of these was Hobby Lobby.  So much to choose from.  You can go as cheap or expensive as you like.  They vary in style and size...the possibilities are endless.  It's all up to you and your taste!

     So here's what I did...

     Get your handy~dandy~dizzy drill out and drill a hole in the center of each cork.  Depending on the size of the knob you get, the screw size may be a little bigger on some.  Just simply change your drill bit accordingly.



     Then, take your knob and screw it into the cork.  If you do not want the end of the screw sticking out at the bottom, you can cut that off if you like.  Honestly...I didn't care to mess with it.



    That's it!  What...you thought there was more?  Sorry...that's all I got.  Just stick that cork back in your bottle and wallah!!  Fun, eh?  




     Have a blessed day and stay dizzy!
     ~db

No comments: