Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Chocolate Chip Yumizzy Cookies

     Oh for the love!  Some days you just need a chocolate chip cookie.  This recipe is off the dizzy hook!  They are so easy to make and just a few ingredients.  Although...I like to sneak extras in cuz I'm like that. <<wink>>

    This recipe calls for almond flour which is awesomeness...but when I made these today all I had was almond meal.  They are essentially the same, but 'meal' is a bit more coarse.  I loved the texture of using almond meal, so I will most likely use that from now on.  But beware, almond flour/meal should be used in moderation.   

   Here's the recipe...

Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 3/4 Cup Almond Flour
1/4   Cup Honey
3/4   Cup Chocolate chips  (I like semi-sweet cocoa
               chips or minis)
1/4   Cup butter or coconut oil, softened. (I prefer
               real butter.  And if I am using Almond Meal
               I use 5 tbsp. of butter)
1/4   Tsp unrefined Sea Salt
1/4   Tsp Baking Soda
1      Tsp Vanilla

   ****The only things I added to this, was 1/4 tsp of cinnamon and I use Almond Meal instead of flour.  

    My mamma taught me well...always make a recipe your own!!  Shout out to the mamma!!

    Preheat oven to 350*, then line your cookie sheet with parchment paper.

     Spoon out about 1-2 tblsp of dough, placing on the cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.  Press down to slightly flatten the dough. (should make about 15-18 cookies)

     Bake 6-8 min.  If your cookies are on the smaller side (which, if they are...I don't know you) then you'll want to take them out around 7 min.  If they are a little bigger (you must be a friend of mine) then about 7 1/2 min is perfect.

     Let them sit and stare at you for a few minutes before you try to take them off the cookie sheet.  They like to fall apart if you rush in to quickly. 


 

UPDATE 7/10/13: I decided to check the calories on this cookie recipe and I was a little bummed...but with anything, moderation is key!! 

If you get 18 (small) cookies out your batch you're looking at 121 calories per cookie. 

If you make them a little bigger (like me) and get 9 cookies out of the batch, you're looking at 243 calories per cookie.

Buh~Bam!!!  I hope you like them as much as I do.  I have my sista to thank for passing this recipe along to me.  

Tell me what you think!!  And if you have a yumizzy skinny recipe you want to share...pleeeaaze do tell!!

Many blessings!
~db 

No comments: