Monday, July 22, 2013

Holy Tilapia Batman!

     Me oh my...I'm super pumped about this one!  Grilled tilapia and salad were on the menu for dinner tonight and, well, I was seriously not looking forward to it.  Not because I don't like fish...but because it sounded boring.  Yep, boring!

     My diet the last 2 weeks has been very lean and clean...and at times dull....oh who am I kidding, at times it's been blec! 
PLEASE, not another piece of chicken next to a salad!!!!!  C'mon people!  So glad I got that off my chest! 

     Anywho...I put my dizzy brain to work, cuz that's how I do, and came up with the most brilliant recipe.  All on my own, no less!  Totally impressed the husband and now...you all!  Ok, maybe you won't be...but don't tell me, I'll cry!

     SO....here's our new fav at the dizzy house!!  Hope you like it too!

Grilled Almond Crusted Tilapia

4-5         Tilapia Filets
3/4 C.    Almond Meal
2 Tbsp   Chopped fresh Basil (or 1 Tbsp dried)
1 Tbsp   Your favorite seasoning blend.  I used McCormick 
               Grill Mates Roasted Garlic & Herb (yum)
1/4 C.    Pure Olive Oil

First, lay your filets out on a plate and brush each side with olive oil.

Next, in a shallow dish or plate, mix together the almond meal, seasonings and basil.

Last, take one filet at a time and lay it in the almond meal mixture.  Gently turn over to coat the other side.  I purposefully didn't pack it on there.  Just a light coating on each side.  

Time to grill!!  I didn't really time it...but I think it took about 8 or 9 min on each side.  They cook quick, so you'll have to watch it. 

YUMIZZY!



That's it baby cakes...I hope you try it!!  Tell me what you think?

God bless you as you prepare your meals for your love'd ones.  Cherish that time with them and know you are love'd by me too.

Stay dizzy!
~db

No comments: