Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Shaun T's Peanut Butter Ricotta Cheese Cookies (GF)

        Do you see a theme happening here?  Cookies!!!!   I love them...I'm c'mon, who doesn't?  Trying to eat clean is, at times, pure insanity!!  Never in my life has something been this challenging.  It's not just the physical change that happens.  It's psychological at best.  When you grow up eating junk, sugary, deep fried foods...going clean, especially gluten free is nothing short of crazy!!  But it's the best kind of crazy I've ever done!!

 
 
     Never, EVER do I watch Dr. Oz.  Mostly because, well...it doesn't matter!  So one night while flipping thru the channels I stopped at Dr. Oz (no freaking idea why!), but I'm glad because Shaun T from Beachbody was on to teach a few moves...but more importantly share a few recipes.  The cookies caught my eyes....duh!    <<wink>> 

     Anyway...on with the cookies!

     You can make these with peanut butter (blec!) or almond butter (yes!)  ....sorry, personal preference.  Hey, it's my blog...I'm allowed!!

Peanut Butter Ricotta Cheese Cookies

1/4 Cup (*pure) Old Fashioned or Rolled Oats
1/4 Cup Part Skim Ricotta Cheese
1 TBSP Natural Peanut Butter or Almond Butter
2 Packets Stevia
1/4 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Egg White
dash of Cinnamon
1/2 Tsp Flaxseed

I threw in a few mini chocolate chips...not too many tho!  Just enough to taste. Yes...I throw things!!

Bake at 350* for 8 to 9 minutes.  This batch makes 6 small cookies.  They are a slightly cakey texture, but good!

Note: *Pure meaning Gluten Free (Bob's Red Mill, GF Harvest, Holly's Oatmeal, Trader Joe's)

Hope you enjoy these...and for a tip...they are really good frozen!!  Yumizzy!

~db

No comments: