Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Paleo Cacoa Banana Bites

  
    I am not a professed Paleoholic...but I've been know to throw that word around here lately.  Mostly I just eat as clean as I can.  But even I get a hankerin (yes, I said it....hankerin!)  for chocolate.    So I did a little research online and found several recipes for these chocolate dipped bananas.  Of coarse, I put my own dizzy spin on it...but the moment I think I'm clever...I find it's already been done.  Figures!   Oh well...after all, I am the newbie here.  What do I know?  

     Anyway...this isn't rocket science.  It's a chocolate covered banana.  Geez....

Here we go!

Paleo Cacoa Banana Bites:

1-2 bananas - peeled and cut into 1 to 1 1/2 inch lengths

1 1/2 Tbsp Coconut Oil

2 Tbsp Raw Cacoa powder (I use Navita brand)

2 Tbsp Dark Chocolate Chips

Almond butter

Unsweetened Shredded Coconut


Step 1:  Peel and cut your banana into 1 to 1 1/2 inch pieces. 
              Then cut them again down the center....lengthways. 
              BUT KEEP YOUR PAIRS TOGETHER.... for step 2.



Step 2: Spread a tsp of almond butter between the banana    
              pieces, like you're going to make a sandwhich.  Stick 
              the 2 halves together and set aside.  Do this with all of
              your 1 inch pieces.   You should have 5 or 6 mini
              banana sandwiches when your done...unless you 
              nibbled.  In that case...carry on.



Step 3: Set the bananas on a piece of parchment paper and
              put them in the freezer for about 2 hours.


......this is where you wait....and wait.....and wait.  You COULD get your dizzy on and shake it.  Sure...kill some time, dance around the kitchen...bust your move.  I don't judge.

Step 4:  In a double boiler  add the coconut oil and cacoa
               powder and chips...turn your heat on to medium-
               high.  Start stirring until its melted and creamy.
 

(I didn't have a double boiler...so I improvised.  It's not pretty...it's quite sad really.  But it worked!) 

Step 5:  Get those frozen banana bad boys outa the freezer. 
               Dip one in at a time...covering it completely with
               chocolate.  Spoon it out and set it on the parchment
               paper.  If you want the shredded coconut...sprinkle it
               immediately.  The bananas are frozen, so the
               chocolate tends to set up pretty quickly.

               Repeat this step for each banana.


Step 6:  Put back in the freezer for another 20 min.  OR if you're like me...eat pronto!! 

Like after all that work, who wants to put them back in the freezer?  But whatever....

Easy peasy....right?  Enjoy biddy's!

~db

No comments: